Zoom Support Issue Summary


  • My speakers don’t work, I can’t get any sound
    (usual checks – volume on your speaker icon at foot of page, check which speakers are selected)
       
  • I was kicked out of the waiting room
    (try the link again)
        
  • I can’t get into the meeting room
    (check your link, restart your computer)
       
  • I can’t see where to raise my hand
    (open the participant list)
       
  • I can’t see where the chat is
    (find icon to open the chat)
       
  • I can’t talk to anyone –
    (correct; only the host and co-hosts can speak in certain types of meetings)
  • I cannot talk to anyone but others can
    (verify microphone works in general; then go out and come back in again)
       
  • I can’t see where to open chat etc
    (hover at the bottom of your screen until icons appear)
       
  • I don’t know how to change my name
    (it is a feature within the participant list; instructions)
       
  • My computer keeps freezing
    (switch off your video)
       
  • I go to zoom.us and try to join the meeting on my Mac. Software is offered for download.  Regardless of whether I accept the new software or not, I cannot go further. There is just a spinning icon with an endless hang. 
    The last time I connected to Zoom on this Mac was about 5 months ago.
    (There is a hopefully-temporary problem downloading the new version of Zoom. You may need to uninstall the old version of Zoom, then do a clean install of a current version of Zoom. )  Meanwhile use another device with a newer Zoom version to join your meeting. 

  • On Ubuntu 16.04 Linux, Zoom got in a loop asking me to update the software.
    (Make sure the old Zoom is completely out of memory.  Look for the zoom icon top-right near the system control icons, and fully exit it there. Then the new version can start.)


Support Articles from the Zoom Site



Windows Support

For general issues on Windows, e.g. disconnected the headset and now the speakers don't work even though they have always worked in the past, use this troubleshooting guide on microsoft.com     Step #7 there explains how to "Set your audio device as the default device." 

Comments

Popular Posts